The form must be completed and submitted online around 4 months prior to the requested start time.
Applications must include:
- Original Grade transcript (stamped by the home institute)
- Current CV/Resume
- Letter of interest for a clinical elective at the Technion.
- Letters of recommendation from TWO home faculty members.
- Verification of immunization (stamped by the home institute) found in section 3.
- Verification of health insurance
- Photo of passport
- The application requires a 75 USD processing fee that must be paid by credit card when applying online.
- We charge an elective fee of 50 USD per week. Payment of such fee must be fully paid online after you are accepted to the program and prior to your arrival.
- **NOTE- there is a minimum elective fee of 200 USD.
3. Immunization Requirements:
According to Israel’s Ministry of Health, All visiting students must provide evidence of immunization. This form must be submitted prior to the start date of elective studies. The required immunizations are: MMR (mumps, measles, rubella), polio, hepatitis B virus (HBV), tetanus-diphtheria, Mantoux, and skin test with PPD (tuberculosis). It is mandatory for elective students to carry valid immunizations documents (in English or Hebrew) during their studies in Israel. Each student must present a hard copy oh his/her immunization log/booklet upon arrival in Haifa. A student without such document will not be accepted to the hospital.
4. Health and Accident Insurance
- All visiting students must be covered by personal and health insurance. Our school does not provide coverage for students. Copies of insurance policies must be submitted online prior to the commencement of elective. Each student must present a hard copy of his/her health insurance and professional liability upon arrival in Haifa. A student without such documents will not be accepted to the hospital.
- Insurance must be arranged prior to the arrival at the Technion either through an agent in the home country/state or a local agent working with the Technion (Amos Gilboa, Phone: 972-3- 6386216; Fax: 972-3-6874534; e-mail: email@example.com).
5. Medical Student Liability/Malpractice Insurance
After your approval to participate in the International Technion Medical Student Exchange program you will have basic medical-student liability coverage during the dates of your hospital rotation as determined under the guidelines of the Technion and the State of Israel.
6. End of Rotation Confirmation
Any kind of “End of Rotation Confirmation Form” required by the student’s home university, will not be signed unless the Intech-Med Evaluation Form is filled up by the student’s supervising doctor upon finishing the rotation in the hospital.
Please email/bring the filled form to the Intech-Med Coordinator.