Rambam Health Care Campus is a 1,000-bed academic hospital serving the over 2 million residents of Northern Israel. Providing comprehensive medical services in all medical specialties, Rambam is the tertiary referral center for 12 district hospitals. Our commitment is to the entire spectrum of patient care, ranging from the best treatments and therapies, to the support of clinical research.
Rambam Health Care Campus was recently ranked as one of the most recommended hospitals in Israel. In addition to the citizens of Northern Israel, Rambam serves the Israel Defense Forces Northern Command, UN Peacekeeping Forces, and the US 6th Fleet. Many of Rambam’s physicians are world renowned in their clinical specialty. Physicians participate in cutting-edge research projects to bring new therapies and treatments not only to their patients, but the greater community of the world.
Strategically located in Haifa, Rambam has become a world leader in mass trauma and casualty treatment and education; Rambam’s percentage of trauma survivors is the highest in the nation.
Rambam is currently undergoing one of the largest hospital development projects ever undertaken in Israel. The goal? To assure the best care possible in the most common medical disciplines: pediatrics, oncology, and cardiology, in an assured safe environment whether in times of war, environmental disaster, or peacetime.
Facts and Figures
- Established in 1938 under the British government, transferred to the Israeli government in 1948, renamed “Rambam” in 1952.
- More than 4,800 employees; one of the largest employers in Northern Israel.
- In 2016, 93,541 inpatient admissions, 699,161 outpatient visits, and 5,335 births.
- 61 inpatient departments, 73 specialty departments, 40 medical institutes, 25 central laboratories.
- 300 Rambam physicians are on the teaching staff of the Technion-Israel Institute of Technology’s. Ruth and Bruce Rappaport Faculty of Medicine and the University of Haifa’s School of Nursing.
- 440 new research projects institu ted annually by over 275 physician-researchers, with 1,626 active resesarch projects.
- Treats more trauma victims than any other hospital in Israel.
- Major medical research/device collaborations with Johns Hopkins University, Harvard University, GE, Insightec, Given Imaging, Biosense Webster, and more.
- Rambam HCC is partner to a newly found digital health incubator MindUp, together with Pitango, IGM, and Medtronic.
- Rambam’s Teaching Center for Trauma, Emergency and Mass Casualty Situations has trained over 3,000 medical professionals from 61 different countries.